Calling all Theater companies and performers!

Open Call to Theater companies, performers, researchers:
I would like to hear other voices besides my own on this blog. If you'd like to write about your TLP experiences here, e-mail them to me and I'll put them up.
Topics can include dramaturgy to staging to personal responses to the play. Anything goes!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hello, My Name is Laramie

So, I'm in the Food Court at the Subway about ten minutes ago and I look over at one of the girls working behind the counter.  She looks like she's about nineteen and her name tag says "Laramie."
Wow, Laramie!"  I exclaim.  Her face brightens up.
"Yep, that's me!" she says.  "That's where my parents were from."
"I went to college there," I tell her.
"Wow, that's cool," she replies.  We talk a little bit about how I ended up in the South.  The way she talks makes me think she'd rather be in Wyoming. 
"So what brought your parents down here?"  I ask her.  She shrugs. 
"Some job, I guess.  My dad could get a job just about anywhere, but I guess they thought it'd be cool to live here." 
"I see."
"...they were wrong."  

No comments:

Post a Comment