Calling all Theater companies and performers!

Open Call to Theater companies, performers, researchers:
I would like to hear other voices besides my own on this blog. If you'd like to write about your TLP experiences here, e-mail them to me and I'll put them up.
Topics can include dramaturgy to staging to personal responses to the play. Anything goes!

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Picture of Savage Beauty For You


The Kalamazoo Swan, originally uploaded by Wyoming_Jackrabbit.


I was up in Kalamazoo, Michigan about ten days ago for a long conference on medieval studies. While I was there, I took some pictures of the Western Michigan University campus and some of its more interesting inhabitants, and I wanted to share a few pics with you.

It's nesting season up in WMU, and this is their infamous campus swan, patrolling the banks of the little pond next to the dorms where I stayed. He's a thing of beauty-- and, just as he should be, a little intimidating.  Swans are anything but the serene, peaceable creatures that Disney movies make them out to be. 

He spent most of the conference beating up on the Canada geese who also share this same pond, keeping them away from the end of the pond where his mate was still nesting. He was a sight to behold.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment