Calling all Theater companies and performers!

Open Call to Theater companies, performers, researchers:
I would like to hear other voices besides my own on this blog. If you'd like to write about your TLP experiences here, e-mail them to me and I'll put them up.
Topics can include dramaturgy to staging to personal responses to the play. Anything goes!

Friday, March 5, 2010

Hinting at Spring...

Female Cardinal, originally uploaded by Wyoming_Jackrabbit.

March is already here in Appalachia, and already the trees and birds are itching for a spring that never quite seems to arrive. The swollen buds on my magnolia Jane out in front of my house are straining at the seams, but we've already had two snow flurries this week and may see more. Most of the wildlife-- myself included-- seem a little impatient for warmth, for flowers and greenery.

This female cardinal is one of my co-vigilants waiting through the last of the Lenten veil of snow to melt and for Spring, like Easter, to arrive with the dawn. On Tuesday we had already gotten about a half an inch of snow, so she was hiding out under some shrubbery next to the library looking for berries. I hope you enjoy her!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that it was still snowing in Florida. You know how it is here in Wyoming. It snowed last night and for part of today. At least in my part of the state. Here in Green River it snows and then melts right away to become mud season all over again. I also am awaiting spring. Happy waiting to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Glenna! I'm actually a little farther north into Appalachia, not Florida, so the snow makes a little more sense...

    ReplyDelete