Calling all Theater companies and performers!

Open Call to Theater companies, performers, researchers:
I would like to hear other voices besides my own on this blog. If you'd like to write about your TLP experiences here, e-mail them to me and I'll put them up.
Topics can include dramaturgy to staging to personal responses to the play. Anything goes!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It's official: I've been delcared competent!

I got the news about two hours ago: I have officially passed my first PhD field exam in medieval literature! In other words, I have just been officially declared competent in something! Woo-hoo!  (Who would have figured?)  Actually, my advisor called it a "very strong pass."  I am so freaking happy

Anyhow, how hard was it to study for and pass this exam?  For your viewing amusement,  this stack of books represents all the books I had checked out of the library, which was about 60% of the material.  The rest are things I already own and are sitting on a shelf somewhere.

My first PhD Field Exam: Medieval

Thank the Lord that's over. Now, just two more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment